- Attractive local package
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Join the principal development organisation in the Pacific region
The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 27 country and territory members. In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our organisation works across more than 25 sectors. We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health surveillance, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture.
The Geoscience Energy and Maritime Division (GEM) provides advice, technical assistance, research and training support to Pacific Island countries and territories (PICTs). There are three (3) areas of scientific programming and two areas of focus within this division:
- Oceans and Maritime Programme (OMP) – assists member countries with services that provide applied ocean science and knowledge for evidence-based policy-making and technical solutions for improved ocean and maritime governance, management and capacity development.
- Georesources and Energy Programme (GEP) – assists member countries by applying technical knowledge in the areas of geoscience and sustainable energy use.
- Disaster and Community Resilience Programme (DCRP) – assists member countries to demonstrate strengthened resilience through integrated action on disaster risk management, climate change adaptation, natural resource management and increased access to water and sanitation.
The Networking Assistant will provide support in the advancing the PACRES Project.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
Provide general support in the professionalization of the “Resilience” sector in the Pacific through networking
- Provide support in the organization of project events (eg. workshops & community visits)
- Provide support in the documentation of events in the professionalization of the Resilience Workers
Provide operational support in strengthening information and national capacity in climate change interventions
- Assist the PACRES TVET coordinator in the implementation of study-tours for Pacific-ACP resilience professionals
- Assist the PACRES' focal person designated to collaborate with the PRFRP
Assist in external collaboration and partnership
- Assist in the roll-out of TVET qualifications and external collaboration and partnership with the 15 Pacific Countries covered by the PACRES project
- Make available updated information on project collaboration and networking updates
Assist in project reporting and monitoring
- Assist in data storage for internal Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist in the documentation of project work and collateral to the PACRES Communication Officer
Pursue the established networking relationship
- Provide support in strengthening the existing relationship with the government/communities
- Provide support in the existing relationship with community decision-makers
For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please refer to the online job description.
Key selection criteria
- A diploma in a relevant field of study such as climate change/disaster risk reduction/environmental science
- At least 6 months experience in training/teaching or as resource person in resilience related engagements
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete work under deadlines with an eye for attention to detail
- Have strong people and time management skills
- Have strong organization skills
- Be computer literate
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Ability to work in a multicultural, inclusive and equitable environment
Salary, terms and conditions
Contract Duration – Until 15 December 2023 subject to renewal depending on funding and performance.
Remuneration – The Networking Assistant is a Band 5 position in SPC’s 2023 salary scale, with a commencing taxable salary range of FJD 1,558-1,948 per month, plus local staff benefits. An offer of appointment for an initial contract will normally be made in the lower half of this range, with due consideration given to experience and qualifications. Progression within the salary scale will be based on annual performance reviews.
Recruitment principles – SPC’s recruitment is based on merit and fairness, and candidates are competing in a selection process that is fair, transparent and non-discriminatory. SPC is an equal-opportunity employer, and is committed to cultural and gender diversity, including bilingualism, and will seek to attract and appoint candidates who respect these values. Due attention is given to gender equity and the maintenance of strong representation from Pacific Island professionals. If two interviewed candidates are ranked equal by the selection panel, preference will be given to the Pacific Islander.
Closing Date – 4 June 2023 at 11:59pm (Fiji time)
Job Reference: MC000018
Applicants must apply online at http://careers.spc.int/
Hard copies of applications will not be accepted.
For your application to be considered, you must provide us with:
- an updated resume with contact details for three professional referees
- a cover letter detailing your skills, experience and interest in this position
- responses to all screening questions
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed at shortlisting stage if all the above documents are not provided. Applicants should not attach copies of qualifications or letters of reference. Please ensure your documents are in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
SPC does not charge a fee to consider your application and will never ask for your banking or financial information during the recruitment process.
Only Fijian citizens are eligible to apply for this role.
Screening Questions (maximum of 2,000 characters per question):
- What do you think are the skills of a Networking Assistant that one can capitalize on to deliver the job very satisfactorily?
- How will you manage when all your tasks are of equal importance and should be given proper attention right away? Provide an example.
- Please identify one challenge you have faced in handling either external or internal customer from previous job/s.