The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 26 country and territory members. In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our organisation works across more than 20 sectors. We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health surveillance, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture.
The Social Development Programme (SDP) focuses on the promotion of gender equality, youth development and cultural diversity. It recognises the centrality of people – women, men, young men and women, boys and girls, including those with disabilities – in development programming, and how their needs should drive the development agenda. SDP also recognises that these groups have unique vulnerabilities and that development challenges impact them differently; SDP therefore promotes an inclusive approach to development and acknowledges the tremendous cultural diversity and wealth of the region, which has not yet been sufficiently tapped to ensure development programming and policies are contextualised and meaningful to Pacific people.
The role – The Group Leader – Logistics Procurement & Driver is responsible of Logistics, Procurement and Drivers on Youth@Work programme activities. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide logistical oversight to the Youth@Work programme, supervising all logistics, procurement, transport, extra care for PLUS (youth with disabilities), provincial logistics and Honiara logistics.
- Supervise PLUS vehicle and drivers.
- Supervise one Team Leader and program interns as required
For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please refer to the job description provided.
Key selection criteria
Essential experience and skills
- Academic qualifications at B.A. or B.S. or higher level in appropriate field or equivalent work experience
- At least 1-year experience in logistics, procurement and people management
- Experience working with youth with disabilities
- Strong MS Office knowledge (Word & Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven team player, coachable and enthusiastic person
- Driver’s licence
Salary, terms and conditions
Required starting date – This position is available immediately.
Remuneration – This is a full-time position at Band 4 in SPC’s 2018 salary scale, with a commencing taxable salary range of SBD 3,424 ‒ 4,280 per month, plus local staff benefits. An offer of appointment for an initial contract will be made in the lower half of this range, with due consideration given to experience and qualifications. Progression within the salary scale will be based on annual performance reviews.
Applicants must be Solomon Nationals, and be currently residing in the country, or hold the proper work permit for salaried employment there.
Contract Duration – end of 2019
Closing Date – 25th of March
Job Reference – AL000030
Applicants can either apply online at: http://careers.spc.int/ or you can email your applications to email@example.com
Applications can also be submitted in person to the address below:
Contact: Ivy Hou
The Pacific Community (SPC) – Level 3
Anthony Saru Building
Point Cruz, Honiara
To be considered for this role, you must provide us with:
- an updated resume
- a cover letter detailing your skills, experience and interest in this position
Please ensure your documents are in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
Applicants should not attach copies of qualifications or letters of reference. These documents may be requested at a later stage.
http://spc.turborecruit.com.au/position_description/773/JD Youth@Work Group Leader Logistics Procurement_Driver.docx