- Attractive and competitive local package
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Join the principal development organisation in the region
The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 26 country and territory members. In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our organisation works across more than 20 sectors. We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health surveillance, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture.
The Operations and Management Directorate (OMD) provides organisational governance and support to SPC divisions and programmes in areas including administration, finance, human resources, ICT and knowledge management.
The role – The ICT Administrative Assistant will provide support in managing the administrative, financial, vendor and procurement services and requirements within the ICT section. The key responsibilities of the role include the following:
General administration support services
- Process bulk purchasing of ICT equipment from preferred suppliers
- Follow up on quotations for IT-related purchases
- Track delivery of stationery and stock for facilities requirements
- Process payments of invoices using Navision, as required
- Assist with maintaining the electronic filing system for ICT
Procurement, finance and asset management support
- Arrange quotations for IT equipment on behalf of the programmes and divisions
- Process monthly payments for ICT utilities – i.e. Internet, PABX
- Ensure timely reconciliation and clearance of committed purchase orders, and cancel unused POs
- Assist with the reconciliation of ICT assets, and liaise with the Finance department on full cost recover (FCR) and non-FCR assets
- Keep an up-to date record of ICT assets
- Conduct yearly ICT asset stocktake, including both hardware and software
Vendor management support
- Timely processing of vendor invoices and effectively communicating with vendors
- Track delivery routes, patterns and timelines of ICT vendors and arranging logistics with clearing agents for orders
- Draft annual calendar of contract renewals, and implementing appropriate review processes for long-term contracts
ICT staff travel support and conference logistics
- Organise flight bookings with SPC-preferred service providers for ICT staff, ensuring cost effectiveness
- Make hotel and other transport arrangements through approved processes
- Ensure the timely booking of freight and logistics for conferences supported by ICT
- Assist staff with travel acquittals
For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please refer to the job description provided.
Key selection criteria
- Diploma in relevant ICT courses, and/or diploma in administration/secretarial studies from a recognised institution
2. Essential experience and skills
- At least 2-3 years of experience in an ICT administrative/financial support role, preferably using MS Navision
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work without supervision
- Excellent PC-based computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office and use of the Internet
- Ability to work as part of a team, with a high level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure, with a team-oriented approach, to meet deadlines and achieve team goals
Salary, terms and conditions
Required starting date – This position is available immediately.
Remuneration – This is a full-time position at Band 5 in SPC’s 2018 salary scale, with a commencing taxable salary range of FJD 1,483‒1,854 per month, plus local staff benefits. An offer of appointment for an initial contract will be made in the lower half of this range, with due consideration given to experience and qualifications. Progression within the salary scale will be based on annual performance reviews.
Contract Duration – Three years
Closing Date – 24 March 2018
Applicants must apply online.
Hard copies of applications will not be accepted.
To be considered for this role, you must provide us with:
- an updated resume
- a cover letter detailing your skills, experience and interest in this position
- responses to all screening questions
Please ensure your documents are in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
Applicants should not attach copies of qualifications or letters of reference. These documents may be requested at a later stage.
Please ensure that you respond to all of the screening questions. If you do not respond to the screening questions, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed at shortlisting stage.
Only Fijian citizens are eligible to apply for this role.
http://spc.turborecruit.com.au/position_description/773/JD - ICT Administrative Assistant.pdf
- Do you have any experience in organising conferences?
- What is your idea of professionalism?
- How effective are you in managing your workload and daily schedule?
- Have you ever been convicted of any offences involving children?