- Attractive and competitive local package
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Join the principal development organisation in the region
The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 26 country and territory members. In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our organisation works across more than 20 sectors. We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health surveillance, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture.
The role – The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the programming team with the Executive Office. The programming team provides strategic advice and technical support for new programme and project development across the organization. The key responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Provide logistical support for trainings/workshops, in terms of travel and accommodation logistics for participants
- Assist in the preparation of workshop/training/verification materials
- Maintain an up-to-date Register of Inward and Outward correspondences
- Assist with support for the Programming process including proposal logs and photocopying
- Book conference room and related support for the smooth running of meetings
- Manage incoming telephone messages effectively and efficiently
- Provide friendly, attractive and welcoming first impression through face-to-face interaction with visitors coming to the Reception area
- Ensure that the Programming Office Reception area is neat at all times
- Organize procurement of quotations for stationary and workshops
- Raise purchase orders in Navision for ticketing and where required for accommodation reservations
- Prepare purchase requisitions, purchase orders and request for payments Keep accurate records for audit purposes
- Driving for delegates from executive team or the Director General’s Office (if required)
- Assist with dispatch and collection of work permit related documentation to and from Department of Immigration and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Dispatch and collection of mail as and when required
For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please refer to the job description provided.
Key selection criteria
- Certification/diploma in administration/event management or equivalent work experience that is both relevant and current
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
Essential experience and skills
- At least three years of relevant work experience performing administrative and coordination functions in a well- established progressive organisation
- Excellent PC-based computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office and use of the Internet
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work without supervision with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure, with a team-oriented approach, to meet deadlines and achieve team goals
Salary, terms and conditions
Remuneration – This is a full-time position at Band 5 in SPC’s 2018 salary scale, with a commencing taxable salary range of FJD 1,483‒1,854 per month, plus local staff benefits. An offer of appointment for an initial contract will be made in the lower half of this range, with due consideration given to experience and qualifications. Progression within the salary scale will be based on annual performance reviews.
Contract Duration – Three years
SPC is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. SPC’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child. Successful candidates will be required to provide a police clearance certificate.
Closing Date – 25 August 2018
Applicants must apply online.
Hard copies of applications will not be accepted.
To be considered for this role, you must provide us with:
- an updated resume
- a cover letter detailing your skills, experience and interest in this position
- responses to all screening questions
Please ensure your documents are in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
Applicants should not attach copies of qualifications or letters of reference. These documents may be requested at a later stage.
Please ensure that you respond to all of the screening questions. If you do not respond to the screening questions, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed at shortlisting stage.
Only Fijian citizens are eligible to apply for this role.
Describe an example of when you were responsible for organizing logistics for a large event. How did you organize and schedule the tasks? Was the event successful?
How did you know if the event was successful? Is there anything that you would have done differently?
Provide an example of a time that you discovered an error in a financial or relevant documentation? What did you do? What was the outcome?
Have you been convicted of any offences involving children?
http://spc.turborecruit.com.au/position_description/773/JD - Administrative Assistant.pdf